From:   "Peter F. Patel-Schneider" <pfpschneider@gmail.com>
To:     Jose Emilio Labra Gayo <jelabra@gmail.com>,
Cc:     Dimitris Kontokostas <kontokostas@informatik.uni-leipzig.de>,
Bernard Vatant <bernard.vatant@mondeca.com>, "public-rdf-shapes@w3.org"
<public-rdf-shapes@w3.org>
Date:   08/01/2014 01:54 PM
Subject:        Re: Wondering about an example of closed world validation

ShEx and Resource Shapes work on an RDF graph.  This does not mean that
they
can be used in combination with a reasoner, even an RDF reasoner.  SPARQL
has
entailment regimes, which specifies how SPARQL is supposed to work with
reasoning.

Consider, for example, that there are infinitely many RDF consequences of
finite RDF graph.  How do I run ShEx and Resource Shapes on an infinite
graph?

Consider, for example, that the OWL consequences of a finite RDF graph are

generally not representable as an RDF graph.  How do I combine ShEx or
Resource Shapes with OWL?

peter

PS:  The fixes to make ShEx and Resource Shapes to work with RDF and RDFS
reasoning may not be all that hard, but I don't see any place that they
have
been stated.