Re: Ruby SPARQL Update implementation

On Tue, May 5, 2015 at 1:50 AM, Gregg Kellogg <gregg@greggkellogg.net> wrote:
> The latest version of the Ruby SPARQL gem [1][2], version 1.1.6, has full support for SPARQL 1.1 Update [3].
>
> For those curious, the Update Grammar is parsed into Sparql S-Expressions, similar to those used for SPARQL Query and executed against any conforming Ruby RDF::Repository implementation. Sparql::Client [4] is available for querying remote SPARQL endpoints, and may be used as a convenient Domain Specific Language (DSL) for creating SPARQL queries, which may also target a native repository.

Fantastic work, Gregg!

This means that the RDF.rb stack is now the first from-scratch,
feature-complete RDF & SPARQL framework that is 100% unencumbered
public-domain code from top to bottom--anyone is free to learn from
and adapt any useful bits from our code base to their favorite
language, and being Ruby the design and implementation is pretty clean
to boot; your SPARQL 1.1 parser [1] being a splendid case example of a
concrete implementation not in conflict with pedagogic ends.

It only took us five years, but it wasn't exactly a trivial task.

I'll go ahead and gather from GitHub the comprehensive list of
contributors to all RDF.rb subprojects so that we can list everyone in
a CREDITS file. Must be a pretty long list by now.

Next, upwards and onwards to RDF.rb 2.0 with the improvements
(transactionality, etc) we've discussing as of late.

[1] https://github.com/ruby-rdf/sparql/blob/develop/lib/sparql/grammar/parser11.rb

--
Arto Bendiken | @bendiken | http://ar.to