Re: rdf.rb/spira bulk read question

Hmm, I will have to look at Query#execute more closely and think if there's
something that can be done in CouchDB to make graph queries more efficient.
 But I was surprised by the iteration, because in my mind, graph queries we
like a UNION - each pattern could be one query, and the union of resulting
statements would provide the solutions, resulting in much less queries...not
sure if that's realistic or not though without a closer look at
Query#execute.

RE: Sesame vs. CouchDB, I have been actively investigating other storage
options, but CouchDB is the only one where the replication is a user-level,
runtime function. MySQL and MongoDB support master-slave replication, but
it's a static configuration.  Tokyo Tyrant supports master-master
replication, but again, at configuration time.

If we did want a separate SPARQL server, 4store seems to be more scalable,
although it is self-advertised that way and I haven't verified it.