Re: loading rdf/xml from file

From: Gregg Kellogg <gregg@kellogg-assoc.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Aug 2011 11:17:33 -0400
To: cdr <_@whats-your.name>
CC: "public-rdf-ruby@w3.org" <public-rdf-ruby@w3.org>
On Aug 6, 2011, at 6:46 AM, "cdr" <_@whats-your.name> wrote:

>> I had to ask to find out what to do

> RDF.rb was easy to figure out how to use, IMO. personallly i dont use it as i speciically wrotea RDF-like resource class that instead uses JSON and filesystem for everything so i wouldnt have to deal with FFI segfaults and leaks and other oddities (Which i do experience on RDF.rb but of course it was much worse with Redland SWIG bindings. and i'm too lazy to file any bug reports because 1 i dont use it and 2 i'm not getting paid to )

Previously, linked data included Redland bindings, which would have been the source of the segfaults. Now it only loads Ruby gems. The XML-type languages (RDF/XML, RDFa, Microdata) do use Nokogiri, however. The only other gem depended upon is addressable. If you see segfaults that would be pretty unusual, and we'd like to see a bug report.

Gregg