Re: loading rdf/xml from file

On 5 August 2011 18:45, Gregg Kellogg <gregg@kellogg-assoc.com> wrote:
> Dan, you probably want to use the 'linkeddata' gem [1][2][3], which includes
> RDF.rb and a bunch of parsers, including RDF::RDFXML. The decision was made
> some time ago to leave RDF.rb lean, with only support for NTriples, and use
> separate gems to add capabilities (RDFa, N3, RDF/XML, TriX, SPARQL, etc.).
> The linkeddata gem basically exists to require the basic types.
> Try the following:
>
> require 'linkeddata'
> g = RDF::Graph.load("http://greggkellogg.net/foaf.rdf", :format => :rdfxml)
>
> :format is only necessary if it can't be intuited from the mime type or
> extension.

Thanks for the tip! Can you also explain this a bit more in
http://rdf.rubyforge.org/ ? At the moment that page also gives
impression of RDF.rb being a major Ruby hub for Linked Data apps, ...
I had to ask to find out what to do.

Oh, second part of my question: how to load from a file in a
subdirectory...:   graph = RDF::Graph.load("file:rdf/#{pid}.rdf")
...wasn't doing it... but when I removed the file: part, it was fine.
Is it worth supporting file: URIs perhaps?

Anyway, it's working now, thanks! I can get
http://www.w3.org/2001/12/rubyrdf/intro.html updated if folks here
give me suggestions for which newer things I should point to.
Obviously RDF.rb and linkeddata gems; anything else?

Dan