Questions about RDF.rb and RDF::Sesame

From: Riccardo Giomi <giomi@netseven.it>
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2010 13:23:05 +0200
To: public-rdf-ruby@w3.org, arto.bendiken@gmail.com
Hi,
I have been toying with the idea of transitioning from activeRDF to
RDF.rb (using Sesame) in a project I'm working on with my company. I'm
positively impressed by both code and community, so far. I'd have one
question though:

in rdf.rubyforge.org/sesame, under limitations, it says: "not yet
optimized for RDF.rb 0.2.x's bulk-operation APIs". I could not find
anything about such an API in the RDF.rb code, though. What does "bulk
operations" mean? I was looking for optimized operations, mostly to
write and delete big graphs, and considering how slow Sesame usually
is.

Regards,
Riccardo