Re: Content negotiation in RDF.rb clients?

From: Arto Bendiken <arto.bendiken@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 27 May 2010 20:03:49 +0200
To: Nicholas Humfrey <Nicholas.Humfrey@bbc.co.uk>
Cc: public-rdf-ruby@w3.org
On Thu, May 27, 2010 at 7:56 PM, Nicholas Humfrey
<Nicholas.Humfrey@bbc.co.uk> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Are there any plans to add client content negotiation to RDF.rb clients?
>
> This doesn't currently work:
> repo = RDF::Repository.new
> repo.load('http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00jnwlc#programme')
> repo.each { |s| s.inspect! }
>
> But it would be great if it did :-)

Yes, that should be possible to implement, though we'll have to change
things around a bit internally given that RDF.rb's URL loading
currently simply relies on Ruby's open-uri standard library, which is
dumb as a brick.

Mind opening a GitHub issue at http://github.com/bendiken/rdf/issues,
please? This would probably be something I'd implement in the upcoming
RDF.rb 0.2.x series.

--
Arto Bendiken | @bendiken