Re: RDF.rb and format discovery

On Wed, Jun 30, 2010 at 5:03 AM, Hellekin O. Wolf <hellekin@cepheide.org> wrote:

> Any idea how to deal properly with auto-discovery of formats?

RDFObjects is able to do this and it would be pretty trivial (I think,
I could be wrong) to migrate it to use RDF.rb's parsers (which is my
long term goal, anyway).

But, yeah, assuming the server handles rdf/xml, ntriples, json or
rdfa, RDFObjects *should* be able to deal with it.  Also if it gets an
RDF document (that is, it doesn't know what format it is), it loops
through the parsers trying to figure out which one doesn't throw an
error/returns a graph.  After reading Arto's reply, it strikes me
"linked data client" pretty much sums up the (unwitting) design focus
of RDFObjects.

-Ross.