Re: RDFa parser for RDF.rb

From: Damian Steer <d.steer@bristol.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2010 19:52:19 +0100
Cc: John Fieber <jrf@ursamaris.org>, public-rdf-ruby@w3.org
To: Gregg Kellogg <gregg@kellogg-assoc.com>

On 3 Jun 2010, at 18:53, Gregg Kellogg wrote:

> Please let me know if you find the Nokogiri bindings problematic for jruby.

Nokogiri is fine under jruby in my experience (pace a curious use of objectspace, iirc).

Nokogiri 1.5 uses the java xml libraries, which you can try out now using:

  gem install --pre nokogiri

They'd be grateful for any feedback on the beta.

Nokogiri, although not part of the standard library, is a safe choice. Ruby and XML hasn't been a happy tale, but I think (hope? dream?) it's settled for a while.

Damian