introduction

From: Ben Adida <ben@adida.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 17:04:23 -0800
To: public-rdf-ruby@w3.org

Hi all,

My name is Ben Adida, I'm a security, web, and semweb hacker with the
Harvard Medical School and the Computer Science department.

(I'm also a tech advisor to Creative Commons and the Creative Commons
rep to the W3C, where I chair the work on RDFa, but I'm joining this
list for more general RDF work, not specifically for RDFa.)

I've been building life-sciences/medical apps with Ruby and Redland on
BDB for the past few months, and I think the Ruby/RDF match is about as
close to perfect as it gets. I don't need inferencing right away, but I
anticipate that I will need it sooner than I anticipate :)

My preference is for something like RDF/Redland, a simple-to-install
triplestore. That said, I'm not opposed to using Sesame over HTTP.

I look forward to the discussions!

-Ben