introduction, Ruby and Triplestores

From: Michele Nucci <mik.nucci@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 11:17:12 +0100
To: public-rdf-ruby@w3.org
Hello everyone,

my name is Michele Nucci, I'm an IT engineer and junior researcher
(area: Semantic Web). I have been working for a lot of years as senior
software architect and some of my last projects are based on Ruby.

In particular, in my last project [1] I need an "industrial-strenght"
triplestore (with inference support) direct accesible by Ruby. At the
moment we are using Redland because it has a Ruby language-binding
....but this does not support inference and, moreover, there is some
problem working with it on some OS.

What do you think about Ruby and triplestores? Or better, which
triplestores do you suggest to use?

PS: I also tried to use Sesame with JRuby...but, if possible, we prefer
to use Ruby.

Best regards,
Michele Nucci.

[1] http://www.discovery-project.eu