introductions, ideas

From: Jack Rusher <jack@rusher.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2008 17:54:09 -0500
To: public-rdf-ruby@w3.org

Hello everyone,

   My name's Jack Rusher <http://www.linkedin.com/in/jackrusher>.
I'm an old UNIX kernel hacker and former AT&T Research/Bell Labs
researcher who built a Triple Store that was presented at  a SWAD-E
event a few years ago:

http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/Europe/events/20031113-storage/positions/
rusher.html

   Most of my recent personal projects have used Ruby, so I've begun
to think about creating a bit of semantic infrastructure that's
easily accessible in that language.  This initiative sounds like a
fine opportunity to pitch in with a larger community effort to create
a set of turnkey gems, which sounds like a grand idea to me.

   My preliminary thoughts were toward a small C library accessible
via an Mnesia-esque [1] syntax that more or less resembles Ambition
[2,3].

   What's everyone else thinking?

Cheers,

J.