Re: GoodRelations vs. Google RDFa vs. Open Graph vs. hProduct/hListing: Using GoodRelations in 10 Triples

From: Martin Hepp (UniBW) <martin.hepp@ebusiness-unibw.org>
Date: Mon, 03 May 2010 16:30:49 +0200
To: Dan Brickley <danbri@danbri.org>
Hi Dan,
Thanks for spotting this - yes, apologies; it should have been
rdfs:comment, of course. I will fix it in the GoodRelations Cookbook at

On 03.05.10 11:24, Dan Brickley wrote:
> On Mon, May 3, 2010 at 10:56 AM, Martin Hepp (UniBW)
> <martin.hepp@ebusiness-unibw.org>  wrote:
>> Apologies - There were a few minor bugs in the initial markup:
>> - I forgot the business function.
>> - The datatype for the price was xsd:string instead of xsd:float.
>> - The legal name had no language tag.
>> The correct examples are at
>> http://ebusiness-unibw.org/pipermail/goodrelations/2010-May/000215.html
> Still missing a fix - 'rdfs:description' doesn't exist. Maybe put the
> examples in a wiki / Web page? Is rdfs:description being used in the
> wild, or in tools?
> http://www.heppnetz.de/ontologies/goodrelations/v1.html mentions
> rdfs:comment instead.
> cheers,
> Dan

martin hepp
e-business&  web science research group
universitaet der bundeswehr muenchen

e-mail:  hepp@ebusiness-unibw.org
phone:   +49-(0)89-6004-4217
fax:     +49-(0)89-6004-4620
          http://www.heppnetz.de/ (personal)
skype:   mfhepp
twitter: mfhepp

Project page:

Resources for developers:

Overview - http://www.heppnetz.de/projects/goodrelations/webcast/
How-to   - http://vimeo.com/7583816

Recipe for Yahoo SearchMonkey:

Talk at the Semantic Technology Conference 2009:
"Semantic Web-based E-Commerce: The GoodRelations Ontology"

Overview article on Semantic Universe:

Tutorial materials:
ISWC 2009 Tutorial: The Web of Data for E-Commerce in Brief: A Hands-on Introduction to the GoodRelations Ontology, RDFa, and Yahoo! SearchMonkey