CURIEs and blank nodes (Test #140)

From: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 08 Feb 2010 20:16:37 -0600
To: public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf <public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org>
My code fails Test #140, so I'm checking the spec
to find out why.

In section 7. CURIE Syntax Definition
  http://www.w3.org/TR/rdfa-syntax/#s_curies

we find:

  A CURIE is a representation of a full URI.

That contradicts other parts of the spec. I suggest
making it true by constraining the syntax of CURIEs
to exclude the _:foo construct.

The other alternative is to say something like:

 A CURIE is a representation of either an absolute IRI or a blank node.

or fudge it a la:

 A CURIE typically represents an absolute URI.

(does the RDFa spec exclude IRIs on purpose? It's somewhat lax about
the difference between a URI (which, strictly speaking, is
always absolute) and a URI reference (which may be relative). I
wonder if it similarly uses URI where the standard term is
actually IRI.)

gpg D3C2 887B 0F92 6005 C541  0875 0F91 96DE 6E52 C29E