Re: Hash URIs and RDFa documents

From: Toby Inkster <tai@g5n.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 02 Feb 2010 19:07:09 +0000
To: Mark Birbeck <mark.birbeck@webbackplane.com>
Cc: Michael Hausenblas <michael.hausenblas@deri.org>, Stephane Corlosquet <scorlosquet@gmail.com>, RDFa TF list <public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org>, Dan Brickley <danbri@danbri.org>
On Tue, 2010-02-02 at 10:13 +0000, Mark Birbeck wrote:
> I disagree with the point made in the email you refer to, from
> Richard.
>
> Only one triple is generated in your sample, so nowhere do we have an
> indication that #me is both a person and an HTML element in a
> document.

The graph generated from the example by an RDFa processor would not
contain an indication that #me is an HTML element, no. However another
graph, say, from a document outline generator, may contain something
like:

	<#me> a xhtml:Div ;
	      xhtml:textContent "yada yada" .

It would be a perfectly sensible couple of triples to generate from the
given example. Merging the RDFa and document outline graphs would result
in a contradiction. (At least, it's a contradiction if we assume that
people and HTML elements are disjoint classes.)

--
Toby A Inkster
<mailto:mail@tobyinkster.co.uk>