PROPOSAL: What would be in an RDFa Syntax 1.0 Second Edition

From: Shane McCarron <shane@aptest.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2009 11:23:55 -0500
To: "public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf.w3.org" <public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org>
Mark raised the issue today of producing a 1.1 version of RDFa Syntax.
I think that's a fine idea, and that we should get started on it ASAP.
But I also think that we could almost immediately produce a Second
Edition as a PER.  The things I would incorporate into such a document are:

    * Integrate the XML Schema implementation of XHTML+RDFa.
    * Update our references.
    * Add @lang into the language, with the precedence rules as defined
      in XHTML 1.1 Second Edition [1] and XHTML Basic 1.1 Second Edition
      [2].  This would keep RDFa+XHTML consistent with XHTML 1.1, and
      make it more useful for people who use assistive technologies.
    * Integrate any clarifications we have identified via errata.

What do people think about refreshing the current Recommendation?

[1]  http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/2009/ED-xhtml11-20090916
[2]  http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/2009/ED-xhtml-basic-20090916