Re: Request to publish HTML+RDFa (draft 3) as FPWD

From: Toby Inkster <tai@g5n.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 16:14:57 +0100
To: Philip Taylor <pjt47@cam.ac.uk>
On Wed, 2009-09-23 at 13:58 +0100, Philip Taylor wrote:
> (I think restricting href is still
> worthwhile, to prevent future confusion for HTML authors who don't
> care about RDFa at all and expect href to make links and should get
> validator errors when it doesn't.)

As do I - in terms of the triples generated, @href and @src can always
be directly replaced with @resource and @about, so there is no reason to
permit them on any element that HTML5 does not already permit them on.

I don't see why the XHTML+RDFa 1.0 DTD permits them - I imagine it must
have been an XHTML2 influence.

RDFa processors should still allow those non-conforming uses to generate
triples as per usual, but validators should report errors when they're
seen.

--
Toby A Inkster
<mailto:mail@tobyinkster.co.uk>