Re: Agenda Topic / Issue: Clarify the meaning of "ignore" with respect to attributes that have no legal value

From: Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2009 09:59:15 +0200
To: "Hausenblas, Michael" <michael.hausenblas@deri.org>
CC: Tore Eriksson <tore.eriksson@po.rd.taisho.co.jp>, Mark Birbeck <mark.birbeck@webbackplane.com>, RDFa TF list <public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org>, Shane McCarron <shane@aptest.com>

Hausenblas, Michael wrote:
>> Unfortunately, at least at the moment, there is no formal specification
>> for named graphs.
>
> Agree. And almost everyone I know agrees as well that this should be fixed
> in an updated RDF core (that is, model) in the very near future. Any plans?

Nothing specific, only my own thoughts at the moment:-(. Personally I am
very wary of reopening RDF Core as a whole. Touching a stable foundation
like RDF is dangerous, even if it is not perfect... My ideal would be to
have the named graphs (others would call it graph literals...) taken out
and concentrate on them only in terms of standardization...

Ivan

> Cheers,
>       Michael

Home: http://www.w3.org/People/Ivan/