Re: FPWD Review Request: HTML+RDFa

From: Shane McCarron <shane@aptest.com>
Date: Thu, 03 Sep 2009 10:43:34 -0500
To: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
CC: Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com>, HTML WG <public-html@w3.org>, RDFa Developers <public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org>

Anne van Kesteren wrote:
> I don't think so as it would violate one of the more important design
> principles the HTML WG has, namely that of DOM consistency.

Okay - I have a stupid question.  Right now, today, in HTML5, it is
possible for me to declare the 'mathml' and 'svg' namespaces, right?  If
that is the case, how are those attribute declarations manifested in the
HTML5 DOM?  In the XHTML5 DOM?  Do these achieve "DOM consistency" ?
And if so... can't we just extend that model so that 'xmlns:ANYTHING'
follows the same rules?  What am I missing here?