Errata for RDFa Section 5.5 Processing Rules

From: Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com>
Date: Wed, 02 Sep 2009 13:15:35 -0400
To: RDFa Developers <public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org>
CC: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>
Maciej Stachowiak caught this errata item. It applies to step #2 in
Section 5.5 of the Processing Rules:

http://www.w3.org/TR/rdfa-syntax/#sec_5.5.

> Maciej wrote:
> Also, reading over this, it seems like the processing rule is wrong
> even
> for RDFa in XML! The attribute named "xmlns" does not establish any
> namespace prefix binding, it just gives the default namespace URI.
> Rather than @xmlns, the spec surely meant to say something like
> "Mappings are provided by XML namespace declarations - attributes that
> have the xmlns namespace prefix". Second, the part of the attribute
> that
> should define the prefix binding is the local name, not the XML
> namespace prefix - the XML namespace prefix for all non-default
> namespace decarations is the string "xmlns", and for the literal
> attribute name "xmlns" the namespace prefix is the empty string. It
> seems to me this needs to be errata'd, because the spec taken
> literally
> is surely incompatible with what all real RDFa processors do.

-- manu

President/CEO - Digital Bazaar, Inc.
blog: The Pirate Bay and Building an Equitable Culture
http://blog.digitalbazaar.com/2009/08/30/equitable-culture/