Re: Proposal for 'URIs everywhere'

Wow...great work Ivan and Toby. :)

The algorithm I outlined is actually ever so slightly different to
what you have described Ivan.

Obviously it's all up for debate, but just so that we can have that
discussion, I'll clarify what I was proposing.

We've agreed that we're now saying that this is not a CURIE:

  a:b

but this is:

 @prefix a: <http://example.com/>

 a:b

I.e., if a mapping is defined, then we have a CURIE, if not, we have a URI.

However...

I believe it would be useful to say that the following will *never*
become a URI:

  [a:b]

My feeling is that in this situation the author is saying that they
explicitly want to use the CURIE 'a:b' with the mapping 'a'. And if
the mapping 'a' doesn't exist, then something has gone wrong, and they
would prefer it to be ignored altogether.

I'm seeing this as a useful 'strict' mode, that automated systems
might want to use, but hand-coders would almost certainly avoid.

Any thoughts?

Regards

Mark Birbeck, webBackplane

mark.birbeck@webBackplane.com