Re: URIs in @rel and @property...

Ben,

I am not sure I understand the issue about relative URIs in @about and
@resource. Why would that be affected by allowing plain CURIE-s there?

As for the use case: Some typical cases where I have this.

- I generate lists in RDFa, ie, I will have to have @about="[_:x]" style
values (eg, when I encode a list of persons co-authoring a paper or a
presentation).

- I encode a set of statements for URI-s of the form
http://example.org/A, http://example.org/B, ...(eg, an HTML text
describing a vocabulary). The obvious way of doing that is to define a
namespace for http://example.org/ and use @about="[ex:A]", @about="[ex:B]".

In all those cases I keep forgetting those [ and ]-s, generating faulty
RDF...

I guess I do not see the problem...

Ivan

Ben Adida wrote:

> Hey folks,
>
> I'm catching up on the minutes from today, looks like a productive
> meeting, very nice.
>
> I am a little bit concerned about supporting plain CURIEs in @about,
> @href, and @resource. For one, the use case is *very* limited, since the
> whole point of prefixes is to reuse vocabularies, and that applies to
> predicates, not to subjects and objects. Also, we want to continue to
> support relative URIs in @about, just like @href (and the spec for @href
> isn't about to change), and that's not very easy to do if we allow plain
> CURIEs, too.
>
> So I think we should be as conservative as possible with this change.
> Allowing absolute URIs in @rel, @property, @typeof, and @datatype makes
> sense, but generalizing the "other way" to let @about and @resource (and
> @href) carry plain CURIEs does not, in my opinion, because of important
> existing uses for those attributes.