Re: RDF in Drupal core code sprint

Point taken. But I somehow disagree on your use of the word metrics. In any other content which is not strictly mathematical, the use of the term metrics implies some form of quantifier based evaluation tool or toolkit arrived at by some form of consensus building or general agreement or technical definition.

If no-one keeps track of security breeches let's say in a fashion which implies a software development standard metric for such, then "no reliable data" is collected.

We are then left with only the second best category of reporting, the one you called unreliable!

Statistics or more precise numerical data analysis followed by applying probability theory and even coming up with some stochastic processes then become the yard stick by which to measure.

Who keeps data on security breeches? Internet security consulting and software firms, often using proprietary metrics, obviously serving their own bottom line first.

Milton Ponson
GSM: +297 747 8280
Rainbow Warriors Core Foundation
PO Box 1154, Oranjestad
Aruba, Dutch Caribbean
www.rainbowwarriors.net
Project
 Paradigm: A structured approach to bringing the tools for sustainable development to all stakeholders worldwide
www.projectparadigm.info
NGO-Opensource: Creating ICT tools for NGOs worldwide for Project Paradigm
www.ngo-opensource.org
MetaPortal: providing online access to web sites and repositories of data and information for sustainable development
www.metaportal.info
SemanticWebSoftware, part of NGO-Opensource to enable SW technologies in the Metaportal project
www.semanticwebsoftware.info