Are RDFa parsers responsible for URL-encoding values when generating URLs?

From: Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 19:28:14 -0400
Hey Toby,

Noticed you made a change on the RDFa wiki, correcting a mistake I had made:

http://rdfa.info/mediawiki/index.php?title=Common-publishing-mistakes&diff=567&oldid=566

Specifically, you changed this:

http://example.org/people.htmlWesley Wyndham-Pryce

to this:

http://example.org/Wesley%20Wyndham-Pryce

Good catch as my mind failed me completely when writing the example. It
also highlights a test that I don't think we have in the RDFa Test
Suite. We don't ensure that RDFa parsers URL-encode URLs that they
generate.

I believe that my reading on RFC 3986 is the same as yours, an RDFa
parser MUST URL-encode URLs that it generates:

If there are no objections, I can create a test case to ensure that
percent-encoding is performed before the RDFa parser generates a triple.

-- manu

--
Manu Sporny
President/CEO - Digital Bazaar, Inc.