Re: RDFa, XHTML1.1 and @lang (via Twitter)

From: Shane McCarron <shane@aptest.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 13:31:24 -0500
To: Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com>
CC: RDFa Developers <public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org>
Well....  My thought is that we should ignore @lang always.  The advice
is that people who are writing content that needs to be portable to
legacy user agents specify both.  For RDFa that advice could be the same
were we to update the RDFa spec to include @lang.  However, I do not
believe that @lang should influence the language associated with an
XMLLiteral triple.  Mark might have a different opinion, of course.