Re: Updated RDFa-in-text/html tests

Mark Birbeck wrote:

>> It would be nice if these people could use RDFa (e.g. by
>> copying-and-pasting CC licensing data), and still have their page handled
>> robustly (i.e. still being able to extract the CC data) despite having this
>> kind of bogus markup elsewhere in their pages. Fatal errors would be bad
>> (they'd make it hard for someone to incrementally adopt RDFa because they'd
>> have to fix all these other issues in their markup first), but anything else
>> (ignoring the attribute, undeclaring the prefix, treating it as a relative
>> URI, etc) seems reasonable to me.
>
> Yes, definitely.
>

>From an implementation's point of view, this is of course a bit more
complicated. In my case, I use an external xml parser by default, that
simply refuses parsing the whole thing (in line with the draconian error
handling of xml). As an implementer, I am at the mercy of that tool and
I would not like to be forced to write an xml parser myself...

Of course, I can use the HTML5 parser (which I can fall back to) which
lets the empty xmlns attribute through. And we can then ignore it (which
I actually do).

What this means that the precise reaction on this case might depend on
the XHTML vs. HTML5 discussion:-(

Ivan

> Regards,
>
> Mark