Re: Updated RDFa-in-text/html tests

From: Shane McCarron <shane@aptest.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Jun 2009 15:57:48 -0500
To: Jeni Tennison <jeni@jenitennison.com>

Jeni Tennison wrote:

> Oh, and there are two test cases where rdfQuery's response is classed
> as a failure when I think it matches the expected triple. These are
> "Empty xmlns value" and "Empty xmlns value overriding non-empty". In
> both cases, the expected result is '<> <{BASE}#test> "Test".' and I
> think that's what rdfQuery generates (with {BASE} replaced by the base
> URI of the test case).
FWIW - RDFa requires the use of XML Namespaces 1.0, not 1.1.  As a
result, I think that both of these tests are wrong.  As Philip points
out, in XML Namespaces 1.0 an empty xmlns value is illegal, so such a
value MUST be ignored by an RDFa processor.  My implementation does not
correctly do that, but I am updating it right now.