Re: Publishing a new draft (HTML5+RDFa)

Maciej Stachowiak wrote:

> On Jul 30, 2009, at 7:13 PM, Sam Ruby wrote:
>
>> Maciej Stachowiak wrote:
>>> Your questioning seemed to imply my suggestion suggestion might not
>>> be made in good faith. I think that is unwarranted.
>>
>> I did not mean to, and I apologize if it came off that way.
>>
>>> It seems that some WG participants are uncomfortable with a
>>> perception of forks or branches, and I've suggested a way to proceed
>>> that would appear less forky.
>>
>> My observation is simply this: such a proposal would be more credible
>> if it were applied equally to micro-data and RDFa.
>
> Even with your clarification, I feel that your remarks have a "gotcha"
> quality. As a result, the conversation is about my credibility, instead
> of about the merits (or lack thereof) of making RDFa an orthogonal spec,
> or the merits of making microdata an orthogonal spec.
>
> If you'd like a suggestion to be made about microdata, then making it
> yourself might be a more fruitful approach than questioning why I didn't
> make it.

Sigh.  Let me try again, this time stating only my opinions and
attempting to factor out any reference to your remarks.

Statement: Ian was named an editor of this working group in 2007.

   I think we can both agree to this.

Statement: Ian has produced an editors draft including micro-data.

   I think we can both agree to this.

Statement: Manu, et al., has produced an editors draft including
micro-data and RDFa.

   I think we can both agree to this.

Statement: The working group is obligated to publish Ian's draft
including micro-data and excluding RDFa simply because Ian was named an
editor and he chose to include micro-data and exclude RDFa.

   I disagree with the above statement.
   Note: I do not assert that you have made or implied the above.

Statement: I (Sam Ruby) recommend that the Working Group publishes Ian's
draft, including micro-data and excluding RDfa at this time as a Working
Draft.

   I agree with the above statement.  See [1] for more detail.

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2009Jul/0885.html