Re: an alternative for microformat-like simplicity

Hello Shane, Doug...

Shane McCarron wrote:
> I appreciate that we are talking about a new attribute here, but I
> think we may have lost sight of what the attribute is *for*.  What is
> the purpose of this attribute?  Is it for defining CURIE prefix
> mappings to vocabularies?
Im guessing its defining prefix-less mappings instead of
property="foaf:name" it could be property="name"  in both instances they
would map to http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1/name, the problem I would say is
how do you pass the prefixes and their mappings  on to the parser
without using xmlns:foaf="..."

If it were possible, it would allow a microformats like markup, which in
my view would be a whole lot more elegant and readable than the crufty,
slightly over the top approach RDFa has now using xmlns, I cant help
thinking every time I mark up RDFa how very dated  it looks, I gave up
using mark-up like style="color:green" a  few years ago  now, RDFa makes
me feel like I am repeating the same mistake but much, much worse, I
really dont think RDFa will last that long if we persist on using
prefixes and xmlns,  but maybe that's just me ;)

Best Wishes

Martin .....

--
Martin McEvoy