PROPOSAL from telecon on XMLLiteral

From: Ben Adida <ben@adida.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2009 11:24:04 -0700
To: RDFa <public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org>

Hi folks,

On the telecon today, Manu brought up Mark's proposal that we treat
literals as plain by default, even when markup is present.

In Manu's experience, in my experience, and from Yahoo tells me, this
seems like it would be a welcome change. So, I made the following
proposal during the call:

PROPOSAL: for RDFa in HTML(4/5), an absence of @datatype defaults to
plain literal, even when non-text-nodes are present in the DOM subtree.

This explicitly doesn't say anything about RDFa in XHTML 1.1, because a
change there requires a rev to the spec, of course. That said, that will
be the obvious next issue/proposal :)

So, regular members of the task force: please vote on the above
proposal. Others, we still welcome your input, of course!