Re: an alternative for microformat-like simplicity

From: Toby A Inkster <tai@g5n.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 21:45:33 +0100
Cc: Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org>, RDFa <public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org>
To: Ben Adida <ben@adida.net>
On 17 Jul 2009, at 20:05, Ben Adida wrote:

> Ok, I definitely want this to be done in the *right* OWL way, but with
> the least amount of complexity possible. For example, I'd like this to
> be usable with the simplest variant of OWL.

The simplest version of OWL that the OWL spec defines is "OWL Lite",
and rdfs:subClassOf, rdfs:subPropertyOf, owl:equivalentClass and
owl:equivalentProperty all work there.

Of course, if you just use rdfs:subClassOf and rdfs:subPropertyOf,
you don't need any OWL at all - RDFS reasoning is sufficient.

<#Ben> myvocab:name "Ben" .
myvocab:name rdfs:subPropertyOf foaf:name .

is enough information to reason that the following is true:

<#Ben> foaf:name "Ben" .

--
Toby A Inkster
<mailto:mail@tobyinkster.co.uk>