Re: Henri's RDFa statements in the XHTML2 FAQ

From: Ben Adida <ben@adida.net>
Date: Tue, 07 Jul 2009 17:24:09 -0700
To: Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>
CC: Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com>, RDFa Developers <public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org>
Sam Ruby wrote:
> The current HTML5 draft special cases the SVG and MathML namespaces.

And the HTML5 folks are complaining about the RDFa design? :)

> What is currently in the HTML 5 draft has not yet been found to enjoy
> consensus.  I encourage people to work with the editor to get changes
> that they feel necessary made to this draft.

To date, Ian's approach has been far from that of an impartial editor
with whom such differences can be worked out. Manu tried, really hard,
for a long time, at which point Ian dreamed up microdata. Let's stop
pretending that this is a viable path.

> As an alternative, I encourage people to produce drafts, possibly including as much or as
> little of the current draft and submit them for consideration.

Maybe that's a more viable option. Is this how the HTML WG intends to
receive contributions from other w3c groups, by forking the spec?