Re: Holy grail

From: Shane McCarron <shane@aptest.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2009 09:40:45 -0600
To: Sam Kuper <sam.kuper@uclmail.net>
CC: public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org

The place to start would be http://www.w3.org/TR/xml-names/#ns-decl

This clearly defines the mechanism for declaring namespace mappings.
Any specification that in turn requires namespace support normatively
refers to the above recommendation.  By its very definition, any
attribute declaration that conforms to the syntax defined in XMLNAMES is
legal - its just that the old style SGML DTD validation technologies
were created before XMLNAMES was written and have never been updated to
know about it.