Re: Holy grail

Dear Sam,

I cannot comment on Oxygen, because I have never used it. But, for
example, the file:

http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/sweo/public/UseCases/Faviki/Overview.html

- validates with the W3C validator (which also means that it is valid
xml, ie, Oxygen should not have a problem with it...)
- it does not contain a <style> element but it definitely could
- has, for example, a &gt; entity somewhere in the text
- refers to the foaf, dc, bibo vocabularies
- and it definitely generates the RDF via RDFa, see

http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/sweo/public/UseCases/Faviki/Overview.rdf
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/sweo/public/UseCases/Faviki/Overview.ttl

both are generated on-the-fly via an RDFa distiller.

Ie: what I would like to know is what made you think that this would not
be possible?

Cheers

Ivan

Sam Kuper wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> This is my first post to this list, so please be forgiving :)
>
> I would like to be able to write an XHTML+RDFa document that:
>
>     * validates in Oxygen (or other programs using Xerces for
>       validation), and
>     * validates in the W3C validator, and
>     * is capable of containing <style> and <script> elements and other
>       valid XHTML Strict elements, even if they do contain whitespace*, and
>     * is capable of containing (X)HTML entity references such as
>       &hellip;, and
>     * is capable of containing me to use elements from FOAF, DC, etc,
>       within the document, by using those languages' namespaces as
>       appropriate.
>
> As far as I can tell, such a thing is not currently possible, but I hope
> I am wrong!
>
> Please could you let me know whether I am wrong or not, and if I am,
> please could you present me with a sample document that demonstrates the
> possibility of meeting the above criteria?
>
> Many thanks indeed,
>
> Sam
>
> *I'm referring to the problem of the xml:space attribute being set to "(
> preserve )" for the <script> element
> in http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/DTD/xhtml-script-1.mod, (and I think the
> mistaken - http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/DTD/xhtml-rdfa-1.dtd at odds
> with http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/SCHEMA/xhtml-rdfa-1.xsd.