Re: Firefox RDFa Debugger (Fuzzbot 0.8.4 for Windows/Linux/Mac OS X)

From: Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2009 17:20:24 -0500
To: Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com>
CC: RDFa Discussion <public-rdfa@w3.org>, RDFa Developers <public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org>

On 1/6/09 2:23 PM, Manu Sporny wrote:
> We've just released a new version of Fuzzbot[1], this time with packages
> for all major platforms, which we're going to be using at the upcoming
> RDFa workshop at the Web Directions North 2009 conference[2].
> Fuzzbot uses librdfa as the RDFa processing back-end and can display
> triples extracted from webpages via the Firefox UI. It is currently most
> useful when debugging RDFa web page triples. We use it to ensure that
> the RDFa web pages that we are editing are generating the expected
> triples - part of our suite of Firefox web development plug-ins.
> There are three versions of the Firefox XPI:
> Windows XP/Vista (i386)
> http://rdfa.digitalbazaar.com/fuzzbot/download/fuzzbot-windows.xpi
> Mac OS X (i386)
> http://rdfa.digitalbazaar.com/fuzzbot/download/fuzzbot-macosx-i386.xpi
> Linux (i386) - you must have xulrunner-1.9 installed
> http://rdfa.digitalbazaar.com/fuzzbot/download/fuzzbot-linux.xpi
> There is also very preliminary support for the Audio RDF and Video RDF
> vocabularies, demos of which can be found on YouTube[3][4].
> To try it out on the Audio RDF vocab, install the plugin, then click on
> the Fuzzbot icon at the bottom of the Firefox window (in the status bar):
> http://bitmunk.com/media/6566872
> There should be a number of triples that show up in the frame at the
> bottom of the screen as well as a music note icon that shows up in the
> Firefox 3 AwesomeBar.
> To try out the Video RDF vocab, do the same at this URL:
> http://rdfa.digitalbazaar.com/fuzzbot/demo/video.html
> Please report any installation or run-time issues (such as the plug-in
> not working on your platform) to me. Happy Semanticizing :)
> -- manu
> [1] http://rdfa.digitalbazaar.com/fuzzbot/
> [2] http://north.webdirections.org/
> [3] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPWNgZ4peuI
> [4] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVGD9HQloDI

Good stuff!

btw - why not add a triple that links the document to the things that
the document is about by using foaf:primarytopic and/or dc:topic properties?

Then I can see the resource descriptions via:

-- which doesn't have a route to <#why-so-serious> since it is
describing the actual document

- which is fine since it gets the RDF via the RDFa processing pipeline
in our Sponger Middleware.

President&  CEO