Re: RDFa and Web Directions North 2009

From: Ben Adida <ben@adida.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 09:35:45 -0800
To: Henri Sivonen <hsivonen@iki.fi>
CC: Karl Dubost <karl@la-grange.net>, Mark Birbeck <mark.birbeck@webbackplane.com>, Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>, Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com>, Dan Brickley <danbri@danbri.org>, Michael Bolger <michael@michaelbolger.net>, public-rdfa@w3.org, RDFa mailing list <public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org>, Tim Berners-Lee <timbl@w3.org>, Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
Henri Sivonen wrote:
> The technical issue with using Level 1 setters isn't as bad in browsers
> as I had thought, but I disagree with your dismissal of the technical
> issue (see the XOM and browser-internal cases above).

I think we're getting a little closer, even if we're not going to agree
100%. I'll take a look at the other issues you mention, though I don't
think they're nearly as important, because I believe all of the APIs you
mention would likely need updating of a deeper kind for other HTML5
changes anyways.

I'm very receptive to the @prefix solution if it can close this gap
between our points of view. Would the entirety of DOM/API issues be
solved if we added @prefix support in both XHTML and HTML versions of
RDFa, and relegated xmlns:* only to XHTML1.0+RDFa?