Re: Named Graphs in RDFa

From: Toby A Inkster <tai@g5n.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2009 22:44:01 +0000
To: Mark Birbeck <mark.birbeck@webbackplane.com>, RDFa <public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org>
Mark Birbeck wrote:

> I'm working on using local storage to capture triples that are
> retrieved from documents, whilst browsing the web, and the approach is
> to store the triples in a named graph that uses the document's URI as
> the name. This means that the next time I navigate to that URL, all I
> have to do is to delete the named graph, then parse the document, and
> insert the triples again; I don't have to worry that there may be
> other triples floating around that are now 'incorrect'.

A solution to this would be to allow an RDFa document to contain
multiple named graphs, but to force the URIs for those named graphs
to have URIs of the form <document URI> + "#" + <name>. This could
easily be achieved by making the lexical space of the graph attribute
the same as label@for.

--
Toby A Inkster
<mailto:mail@tobyinkster.co.uk>