Re: RDFa and Web Directions North 2009

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2009 15:04:31 +0100
To: Henri Sivonen <hsivonen@iki.fi>
CC: Mark Birbeck <mark.birbeck@webbackplane.com>, Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>, Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com>, Dan Brickley <danbri@danbri.org>, Michael Bolger <michael@michaelbolger.net>, public-rdfa@w3.org, RDFa mailing list <public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org>, Tim Berners-Lee <timbl@w3.org>, Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
Henri Sivonen wrote:
> This reminds me of the ARIA naming debate. Towards the end of the
> debate, it felt like proponents of the colon were more interested in
> keeping up the syntactic appearance of Namespaces than actually
> protecting a Namespace-wise architecturally sound programming model.

I guess that's because many people care more about that's on the wire
(in the document), than what happens in the API.

BR, Julian