Re: RDFa and Web Directions North 2009

On Feb 14, 2009, at 00:11, Karl Dubost wrote:

> Le 14 févr. 2009 à 05:02, Mark Birbeck a écrit :
>> we have existing browser implementations is to make the
>> point that it *already* works...
>
> plus most RDFa Parsers already work with tag soup.
>
> * a list of current implementations
>  http://rdfa.info/rdfa-implementations/
Quoting that page:
> Python
>
>     * RDFa Distiller
>       Author: Ivan Herman
>       http://www.w3.org/2007/08/pyRdfa/

This implementation uses a tree representation that leaks qnames to
the application layer even in XML. Thus, it doesn't demonstrate the
problems that apply to SAX and XOM.

(Aside: The way the parser is chosen is non-conforming per HTML 5.)

>     * rdfadict
>       Author: Nathan Yergler
>       http://pypi.python.org/pypi/rdfadict

This just uses RDFa Distiller as a back end.

>     * rdflib
>       Author: Elias Torres
>       http://svn.rdflib.net/trunk/rdflib/syntax/parsers/RDFaParser.py

This one seems to require the underlying parser to supply the
namespace mapping context like an XML parser. Point #13 of my earlier
email applies.

> PHP
>
>     * ARC 2
>       Author: Benjamin Nowack (semsol)
>       http://arc.semsol.org/download

I was too impatient to read the code for this one. :-)

>     * RDFa Monkey
>       Author: Ruben Thys
>       http://www.avthasselt.sohosted.com/rdfamonkey/

404

> XSLT
>
>     * RDFa2XSLT
>       Author: Fabien Gandonhttp://ns.inria.fr/grddl/rdfa/

This one seems to require the underlying parser to supply the
namespace mapping context like an XML parser. Point #13 of my earlier
email applies.

> JavaScript
>
>     * RDFa Bookmarklets
>       Author: Ben Adida
>       http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/RDFa/impl/js/

This one reads xmlns:foo using a namespace-unaware DOM Level 1 view.

See points 4 though 7 in my earlier email.

> Ruby
>
>     * RDFa on Rails
>       Author: Cédric Mesnage
>       http://rdfa.rubyforge.org/

I was too impatient to locate the source for this one.

>     * ruby-rdfa
>       Author: Benjamin Lyu
>       http://code.google.com/p/ruby-rdfa/

This one seems XML-only and seems to use a namespace-unaware XML API
features.

> C/C#
>
>     * librdfa
>       Author: Manu Spornyhttp://rdfa.digitalbazaar.com/librdfa/

I was too impatient to get the code via git.

--
Henri Sivonen
hsivonen@iki.fi