RDFa and the owl:Thing class

From: Sandy Pérez <sperezgonza@yahoo.es>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 08:49:28 +0000
To: public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org

Hello,

I am writing because I have a doubt about RDFa. What happens with
owl:Thing class? I’m testing RDFa using an ontology for tags
(http://code.google.com/p/tagont/). In this ontology, the resource to
be tagged is an owl:Thing, so, how can I annotated resources
(owl:Thing) using RDFa? I suppose if I create an ontology containing
the class "Resource", I could annotate it as follows:

        xmlns:myOntology=” http://www.mydomain.com/resourceOntology”
        xmlns:tagont="http://bubb.ghb.fh-furtwangen.de/TagOnt/tagont.owl"

        typeof="myOntology:Resource" about="myResources:ResourceID">
…

However, I would not like to create a new ontology since the ontology
for tags contains the concept "Resource" supported as an owl:Thing. Is
the following example a correct option?

        xmlns:tagont="http://bubb.ghb.fh-furtwangen.de/TagOnt/tagont.owl"

        typeof="owl:Thing" about="myResources:ResourceID">
…

If that’s the case, as everything is an owl:Thing, is it possible to
omitted the "typeof"  attribute? For example:

        xmlns:tagont="http://bubb.ghb.fh-furtwangen.de/TagOnt/tagont.owl"

        about="myResources:ResourceID">
…

I am sorry if the previous questions are trivial. I am interested in
RDFa but I am newbie using it.

Thanks in advance,
Best Regards,
    Sandy