Re: Named Graphs in RDFa

On Sunday 01 February 2009, you wrote:
> XHTML permits @xhtml:id on everything.  In XML, there can ONLY be one
> attribute of type ID on any given element.  Therefore, attempting to
> use @xml:id would by definition conflict with @xhtml:id in at least
> some cases.  Moreover, in other XHTML family specifications @xml:id
> is used interchangeably with @xhtml:id (you can put one or the other
> on any element).  This will become the default case for all elements
> with the advent of XHTML 2.  Consequently, I am reluctant to agree
> with you that @xml:id can be used for the purpose you have
> identified.

Well, my intended purpose, the templating language which would be an XML
document, @xml:id would identify an element that would not be present
in the final XHTML document, so it is not an argument against this use.
However you are right in that it may not be such a good idea, given
that the design goal is that the graph name should be the same in the
original RDFa document as in the template.

So, I guess it is better indeed to look at other options.

Cheers,

Kjetil
--
Kjetil Kjernsmo
Programmer / Astrophysicist / Ski-orienteer / Orienteer / Mountaineer