Re: Interesting blog: "Online retail : How Best Buy is using Semantic Technology to define a new trend"

Ivan Herman wrote:
> [[[
> GoodRelations + RDFa improved the rank of the respective pages in Google
> tremendously.
>
> Jay also reported a 30 % percent (!) increase in traffic on the BestBuy
> stores pages,
>
> Yahoo observes a 15% increase in the Click-through-Rate (CTR). Nick Cox
> from Yahoo also recently reported that augmented search results, e.g.
> those with GoodRelations / RDFa in Yahoo get a 15 % higher
> Click-through-Rate
>
> ]]] (Jay Myers, Lead Web Development Engineer for Best Buy, Co., Inc.,)

This is huge! I don't think that we can underscore the importance of
this finding enough when speaking about the practical reasons for
/immediately/ adopting RDFa, especially in commerce.

This is hard evidence that marking up the semantic information in a web
page has had a direct and measurable impact on a company's bottom line.
Semwebers have been postulating this for years, but now there is hard
data to back up the claim.

Hats off to Jay Myers (Best Buy) and Nick Cox (Yahoo!) for doing an
absolutely bang up job implementing RDFa and presenting their findings!

-- manu

President/CEO - Digital Bazaar, Inc.
blog: Bitmunk 3.2 Launched - The Legal P2P Music Network
http://blog.digitalbazaar.com/2009/11/30/bitmunk-3-2-launched/