Re: Default value for @about depending on language [Re: Non-XHTML host languages for RDFa]

Hi Christoph,

Christoph LANGE wrote:

> BTW, another related question:  When generating XHTML+RDFa from a formal
> representation that is already RDF-compatible in itself (e.g. RDF/XML, e.g.
> OWL, e.g. OMDoc, …), I suppose that both the original representation and the
> XHTML+RDFa should use the same URIs for the same things.  Suppose the original
> document, e.g. having the URI doc.omdoc, contains a triple with subject
> #resource, and suppose we generate doc.xhtml with RDFa from it.  A naïve
> translation might create something like <div about="#resource">, i.e. talk
> about a resource doc.xhtml#resource.  But I guess it should rather be <div
> about="doc.omdoc#resource">, as the formal concept will stay the same,
> regardless of its presentation.  Are there similar experiences from, e.g.,
> generating XHTML+RDFa from OWL?

I do not know about generating from OWL, but I fully agree with the
rest. There should be one URI.

In my own authoring I use <base> extensively, as well as protected
CURIE-s for @about (and that is also why I am happy that I will be able
to use, possibly, curies directly...). I avoid thereby to generate URI-s
with the filename as a base URI which is, most of the time in my
experience, is the _wrong_ one...

Ivan

> Cheers,
>
> Christoph