Re: Default value for @about depending on language [Re: Non-XHTML host languages for RDFa]

Toby Inkster wrote:
> On Tue, 2009-12-01 at 01:09 +0100, Christoph LANGE wrote:
>> In OMDoc, however, the situation is different.  There, RDFa metadata
>> are attached to elements, and the metadata are always metadata of
>> these elements, and it it recommended to give elements an @xml:id.
>> Therefore, we have in most cases the situation
>>
>> <element xml:id="i" about="#i">
>> </element>
>
> You could always lose the @about attribute and mention in your
> documentation that "OMDoc uses RDFa with the following
> modifications...".

Hm. I would try to avoid that...

At the moment, the rdfa distiller has a flag on whether it is XML or
HTML, essentially taking care of things like xml:base and possibly
existing RDF/XML portions. I would hate to have to have all kinds of
different options for different XML applications...

> To be helpful you could provide an XSLT file to transform <element
> xml:id="foo"> to <element xml:id="foo" about="#foo">, which would ease
> the burden on people wishing to apply generic RDFa processors to OMDoc
> documents.

yes, that is a solution. I think having one generic RDFa feature set is
what we should try to achieve...

mobile: +31-641044153