Re: Possible RDFa errata - 4.1 Document Conformance

From: Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 10:57:27 -0400
To: public-rdfa@w3.org
CC: RDFa Developers <public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org>
Toby Inkster wrote:
> 4.1 Document Conformance
> http://www.w3.org/TR/rdfa-syntax/#docconf
>
> | A strictly conforming XHTML+RDFa document is a document that requires
> | only the facilities described as mandatory in this specification. Such
> | a document satisfies the following criteria:
> |
> | 1. The document MUST conform to the constraints expressed in the
> | schemas in Appendix A - XHTML+RDFa Document Type Definition.
>
> However, the DTD given doesn't allow for xmlns:* attributes which are
> beyond the ability of DTDs to deal with.
>
> I propose one of two solutions:
>
> 1. Preferred - change the conformance requirement to: "With the
> exception of xmlns:* attributes, the document MUST conform to the
> constraints expressed in the schemas in Appendix A - XHTML+RDFa Document
> Type Definition." The W3C XHTML validator already does this when
> checking document conformance.
>
> 2. Less preferred - drop this criterion and make Appendix A informative.

Thanks Toby... that's a good suggestion.

I've notified Shane (who is handling errata for that document). We'll
discuss it during a telecon where we can agree to include it (not this
telecon, but the next).

Shane says that he'd rather do the errata in the appendix, but said it
was a good suggestion... I'm sure he'll follow up on it.

-- manu

--
Manu Sporny (skype: msporny) (twitter: manusporny)
President/CEO - Digital Bazaar, Inc.