Re: The "real" reason why xmlns should "not" be used

On Wed, 2009-08-12 at 12:40 +0100, Martin McEvoy wrote:
> I am misunderstanding the meaning of this
> http://www.validome.org/xml/validate/?lang=en&viewSourceCode=1&url=http://weborganics.co.uk
> /test/xhtml-test.xhtml ?

Probably. I don't see how that link is even relevant to the topic at
hand. It's the validation of an XHTML document against a DTD. The
document fails validation because it uses both an element and an
attribute neither of which are defined in the DTD.

You would get exactly the same errors if you replaced "xmlns:dc" with
"foo-bar" and "dc:div" with "bar-div". The result fails to tell us
anything interesting about XML namespaces.

--
Toby A Inkster
<mailto:mail@tobyinkster.co.uk>