Re: Consensus on alternate prefixing mechanism

From: Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2009 15:20:59 +0200
To: Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com>
CC: RDFa Developers <public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org>
Manu,

I have few minor questions

- Is the following acceptable: @prefix="=http://a.b.c/" ?
	my option would be yes, and it sets the default namespace.
	It could be equivalent to a xmlns="http://a.b.c/"
- Is the following acceptable: @prefix="aa="
	my option would be no, this is an error, and the RDFa
	processor should simply ignore that
- What happens if there is, on an element, both an xmlns and a prefix?
Ie, if I have

<bla xmlns:aa="http://www.w1.com/" prefix="aa=http://www.w2.com/"/>

what is the URI corresponding to the "aa" prefix? I know there were
discussions on the task force, but it is not documented on the wiki...

Thanks

Ivan

Manu Sporny wrote:
> I had an action item[1] to document the current consensus on an
> alternate prefixing mechanism to xmlns. I believe that Shane and Mark
> agreed that this method seemed to work for all of the cases we had been
> discussing, but don't want to speak for them.
>
> The alternate prefix declaration mechanism is described here:
>
> http://rdfa.info/wiki/alternate-prefix-declaration-mechanism
>
> The work plan has been updated to note the completion of this item:
>
> http://rdfa.info/wiki/rdfa-task-force-work-plan
>
> Mark, Shane, can you confirm that you're okay with this approach? All,
> if there are any technical issues with the proposed mechanism, please
> let the list know. Please be sure to read the transcripts of the telecon
> discussions[2] before responding.
>
> -- manu
>
> [1]http://www.w3.org/2009/04/16-rdfa-minutes.html#ActionSummary
> [2]http://rdfa.info/wiki/Alternate-prefix-declaration-mechanism#The_Possibilities