W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org > April 2009

meeting record: 2009-04-16 RDFa telecon

From: Ralph R. Swick <swick@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2009 16:06:57 -0400
Message-Id: <5.1.0.14.2.20090416160526.03cff228@127.0.0.1>
To: public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org
Cc: public-swd-wg@w3.org
The minutes of today's RDF-in-XHTML Task Force telecon are now available as

  http://www.w3.org/2009/04/16-rdfa-minutes.html

Thanks to Manu for scribing.

A text snapshot follows.

----

                        RDF in XHTML Task Force

16 Apr 2009

   [2]Agenda

      [2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf/2009Apr/0045.html

   See also: [3]IRC log, previous [4]2009-04-02

      [3] http://www.w3.org/2009/04/16-rdfa-irc
      [4] http://www.w3.org/2009/04/02-rdfa-minutes.html

Attendees

   Present
          Manu Sporny, Ralph Swick, Ben Adida, Steven Pemberton

   Regrets
          Mark Birbeck, Michael Hausenblas, Shane McCarron

   Chair
          Ben Adida

   Scribe
          Manu Sporny

Contents

     * Topics
         1. Action Items
         2. @prefix discussion status
         3. Report on AC meeting
         4. Task Force lifespan
     * Summary of Action Items
     _____________________________________________________

Action Items

   ACTION: Ben to put up information on "how to write RDFa" with
   screencast possibly and instructions on bookmarklet. [recorded in
   [11]http://www.w3.org/2008/11/06-rdfa-minutes.html#action12]
   [CONTINUES]

     [11] http://www.w3.org/2008/11/06-rdfa-minutes.html#action12

   ACTION: Jeremy to demonstrate GRDDL with XHTML/RDFa once the NS URI
   is set up. [recorded in
   [12]http://www.w3.org/2008/09/11-rdfa-minutes.html#action03]
   [WITHDRAWN]

     [12] http://www.w3.org/2008/09/11-rdfa-minutes.html#action03

   ACTION: Manu to write summary for Semantic Web Use Cases for Ivan.
   [recorded in
   [13]http://www.w3.org/2008/09/11-rdfa-minutes.html#action09]
   [CONTINUES]

     [13] http://www.w3.org/2008/09/11-rdfa-minutes.html#action09

   ACTION: Mark to send Ben ubiquity related wizard stuff [recorded in
   [14]http://www.w3.org/2008/11/20-rdfa-minutes.html#action11]
   [CONTINUES]

     [14] http://www.w3.org/2008/11/20-rdfa-minutes.html#action11

   ACTION: Mark create base wizard suitable for cloning [recorded in
   [15]http://www.w3.org/2008/09/11-rdfa-minutes.html#action12]
   [CONTINUES]

     [15] http://www.w3.org/2008/09/11-rdfa-minutes.html#action12

   ACTION: Mark write foaf examples for wiki [recorded in
   [16]http://www.w3.org/2008/09/11-rdfa-minutes.html#action13]
   [CONTINUES]

     [16] http://www.w3.org/2008/09/11-rdfa-minutes.html#action13

   ACTION: Michael to create 'RDFa for uF users' on RDFa Wiki [recorded
   in [17]http://www.w3.org/2008/09/11-rdfa-minutes.html#action14]
   [CONTINUES]

     [17] http://www.w3.org/2008/09/11-rdfa-minutes.html#action14

   ACTION: Ralph or Steven fix the .htaccess for the XHTML namespace
   [recorded in
   [18]http://www.w3.org/2009/01/08-rdfa-minutes.html#action01]
   [CONTINUES]

     [18] http://www.w3.org/2009/01/08-rdfa-minutes.html#action01

   ACTION: Ralph think about RSS+RDFa [recorded in
   [19]http://www.w3.org/2008/09/11-rdfa-minutes.html#action15]
   [CONTINUES]

     [19] http://www.w3.org/2008/09/11-rdfa-minutes.html#action15

   ACTION: [DONE] Manu to look at
   [20]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf/2008D
   ec/0037.html about resolving relative URIs [recorded in
   [21]http://www.w3.org/2009/01/08-rdfa-minutes.html#action15]

     [20] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf/2008Dec/0037.html
     [21] http://www.w3.org/2009/01/08-rdfa-minutes.html#action15

   ACTION: [DONE] Mark to review reasoning on setting explicit about=""
   on HEAD and BODY [recorded in
   [22]http://www.w3.org/2008/12/18-rdfa-irc]

     [22] http://www.w3.org/2008/12/18-rdfa-irc

@prefix discussion status

   benadida: Wanted to have a meta-discussion on @prefix.
   ... Should we hold off on the @prefix discussion?

   Steven: AC meeting was good because we got to talk about all of the
   companies that were using XHTML2.

   benadida: There seemed to be a big disconnect between WHATWG/HTML5
   and the ideas and usage behind XHTML2.
   ... If you are going to support extensibility in HTML5, how are you
   going to ignore all previous XML technologies?

   prefix="a=b c = d"

   <Ralph> [23]previous @prefix discussion

     [23] http://www.w3.org/2009/04/02-rdfa-minutes.html#item03

   <Ralph> <ShaneM> (.*)[\s\r\n]*=[\s\r\n]*(.*?)[\s\r\n]+

   <Ralph> ^Shane proposed that regex

   Manu: After the discussion last week, I think we agreed on Shane's
   regex.

   ACTION: Manu to update wiki page on current consensus for @prefix
   [recorded in
   [24]http://www.w3.org/2009/04/16-rdfa-minutes.html#action15]

   benadida: What do you think about @xmlns over @prefix?

   Manu: Prefer @prefix because of HTML4 and xmlns: might be confusing
   to web developers.

   Ralph: Might be interesting to see how HTML4->HTML5 conversion
   process works.
   ... The SVG folks have the same issues with xmlns not being in
   HTML5.

   benadida: So this issue is much bigger than RDFa.

   Ralph: Yes, it has to do with general extensibility.

   benadida: @prefix wiki page should say it is an alternate prefix
   mapping mechanism.

   Ralph: There is a danger in confusing authors by having two
   mechanisms to do the same thing.

   benadida: So if we have a syntax, we can back-burner it and see what
   happens with the xmlns discussion.

Report on AC meeting

   benadida: Kinda talked a bit about this already.

   Ralph: Yes, interested in hearing your take on it.

   benadida: Very positive meeting in tone and approach, Sam Ruby is a
   good guy.

Task Force lifespan

   benadida: How much time does the task force have?

   Ralph: The end of June is the charter.

   Steven: XHTML2 charter is up in December 2009.

   Ralph: It could be June-December, depending on who continues to
   sponsor RDFa Task Force.
   ... I think we should consider June the adjournment date.
   ... We could turn the mailing list into an RDFa interest group,
   maybe fold it back into semantic web interest group.

   benadida: We should think about any last things we should think
   about as a task force.

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: Manu to update wiki page on current consensus for
   @prefix [recorded in
   [25]http://www.w3.org/2009/04/16-rdfa-minutes.html#action15]

   [PENDING] ACTION: Ben to put up information on "how to write RDFa"
   with screencast possibly and instructions on bookmarklet. [recorded
   in [26]http://www.w3.org/2008/11/06-rdfa-minutes.html#action12]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Manu to write summary for Semantic Web Use Cases
   for Ivan. [recorded in
   [27]http://www.w3.org/2008/09/11-rdfa-minutes.html#action09]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Mark create base wizard suitable for cloning
   [recorded in
   [28]http://www.w3.org/2008/09/11-rdfa-minutes.html#action12]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Mark to send Ben ubiquity related wizard stuff
   [recorded in
   [29]http://www.w3.org/2008/11/20-rdfa-minutes.html#action11]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Mark write foaf examples for wiki [recorded in
   [30]http://www.w3.org/2008/09/11-rdfa-minutes.html#action13]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Michael to create 'RDFa for uF users' on RDFa Wiki
   [recorded in
   [31]http://www.w3.org/2008/09/11-rdfa-minutes.html#action14]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Ralph or Steven fix the .htaccess for the XHTML
   namespace [recorded in
   [32]http://www.w3.org/2009/01/08-rdfa-minutes.html#action01]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Ralph think about RSS+RDFa [recorded in
   [33]http://www.w3.org/2008/09/11-rdfa-minutes.html#action15]

     [26] http://www.w3.org/2008/11/06-rdfa-minutes.html#action12
     [27] http://www.w3.org/2008/09/11-rdfa-minutes.html#action09
     [28] http://www.w3.org/2008/09/11-rdfa-minutes.html#action12
     [29] http://www.w3.org/2008/11/20-rdfa-minutes.html#action11
     [30] http://www.w3.org/2008/09/11-rdfa-minutes.html#action13
     [31] http://www.w3.org/2008/09/11-rdfa-minutes.html#action14
     [32] http://www.w3.org/2009/01/08-rdfa-minutes.html#action01
     [33] http://www.w3.org/2008/09/11-rdfa-minutes.html#action15

   [DONE] ACTION: Manu to look at
   [34]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf/2008D
   ec/0037.html about resolving relative URIs [recorded in
   [35]http://www.w3.org/2009/01/08-rdfa-minutes.html#action15]
   [DONE] ACTION: Mark to review reasoning on setting explicit about=""
   on HEAD and BODY [recorded in
   [36]http://www.w3.org/2008/12/18-rdfa-irc]

     [34] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf/2008Dec/0037.html
     [35] http://www.w3.org/2009/01/08-rdfa-minutes.html#action15
     [36] http://www.w3.org/2008/12/18-rdfa-irc

   [WITHDRAWN] ACTION: Jeremy to demonstrate GRDDL with XHTML/RDFa once
   the NS URI is set up. [recorded in
   [37]http://www.w3.org/2008/09/11-rdfa-minutes.html#action03]
   [End of minutes]
     _____________________________________________________

     [37] http://www.w3.org/2008/09/11-rdfa-minutes.html#action03


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [38]scribe.perl version 1.135
    ([39]CVS log)
    $Date: 2009/04/16 20:04:55 $

     [38] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [39] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Thursday, 16 April 2009 20:07:22 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Thursday, 16 April 2009 20:07:22 GMT