Re: The implied @about="": Explanation and some problems

From: Mark Birbeck <mark.birbeck@webbackplane.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2009 15:05:16 +0100
To: Richard Cyganiak <richard@cyganiak.de>
Cc: RDFa <public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org>, "public-rdfa@w3.org" <public-rdfa@w3.org>
Hi Richard,

> But this has the effect that in RDFa, the subject no longer defaults to the
> URI of the *page*, but to the URI of *another page*, which is usually not
> what I want (I want my @property="dc:title" and @rel="foaf:primaryTopic" to
> apply to the individual page, not to the homepage).
> So I need to override the <base> with @about in order to have the desired
> default subject in RDFa. But because the implicit @about="" is added *twice*
> (at <head> and <body>), I also need to override it *twice*.

I agree that this sounds right...but when I think back to examples
where I've done this kind of thing, I recall that I've invariably
created a bnode for the body anyway, since what the document is
'about' is different to the document itself. (That's the information
resource/resource issue I referred to.)

In other words, the general subject for statements in the body is
usually different to the general subject for statements in the head,
particularly when using foaf:primaryTopic.

But perhaps the best thing, before we jump to any conclusions, would
be if you could provide an example? Then we could take it from there.

Mark Birbeck, webBackplane

London, EC2A 4RR)