Re: The implied @about="": Explanation and some problems

From: Mark Birbeck <mark.birbeck@webbackplane.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2009 15:05:16 +0100
To: Richard Cyganiak <richard@cyganiak.de>
Cc: RDFa <public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org>, "public-rdfa@w3.org" <public-rdfa@w3.org>
Hi Richard,

> But this has the effect that in RDFa, the subject no longer defaults to the
> URI of the *page*, but to the URI of *another page*, which is usually not
> what I want (I want my @property="dc:title" and @rel="foaf:primaryTopic" to
> apply to the individual page, not to the homepage).
>
> So I need to override the <base> with @about in order to have the desired
> default subject in RDFa. But because the implicit @about="" is added *twice*
> (at <head> and <body>), I also need to override it *twice*.

I agree that this sounds right...but when I think back to examples
where I've done this kind of thing, I recall that I've invariably
created a bnode for the body anyway, since what the document is
'about' is different to the document itself. (That's the information
resource/resource issue I referred to.)

In other words, the general subject for statements in the body is
usually different to the general subject for statements in the head,
particularly when using foaf:primaryTopic.

But perhaps the best thing, before we jump to any conclusions, would
be if you could provide an example? Then we could take it from there.

Regards,

Mark

--
Mark Birbeck, webBackplane