Re: RDFa, multiple languages, multiple documents, one subject

Helly Sergey,

On Mon, 15 Sep 2008 23:46:22 +0200, Sergey Chernyshev
<rdfa.info@antispam.sergeychernyshev.com> wrote:

> One of the goals of the project is to make it easy to create profiles
> with
> lables and stuff in multiple languages, another goal is to have RDFa
> support
> for it. I approached this by creating pages for each language
> (substituted
> with values in default language if language-specific labels are not
> defined)
> and interlinked them with rdfs:seeAlso links so english page, for example
> has
>
>   <a rel="rdfs:seeAlso" href="?lang=ru">ru</a>
>
> if russian version also exists.

Actually HTML and XHTML already have a notation for this:

	<a rel="alternative" href="?lang=ru" hreflang="ru">ru</a>

http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/types.html#type-links

So while your version may well be OK, that is the official way to do it.

Best wishes,

Steven Pemberton